My name is Rose Jones business women and entrepreneur with a back ground in mortgages.
Back to Blog
Over my time in the credit repair business I have found that most people think that it's a two month process, it's not. Credit repair can take anywhere from 3-6 months and sometimes more depending on the credit. I have also had client call me to complain about other company's taking to long or not removing things fast enough, there is most likely a reason why. This is what I have seen in the business, some will make you laugh but here it is.
1. The people who go on a buying spree then want everything removed:
REALITY CHECK..If its new and you do not have a valid reason such as an illness, loss of job or maybe a cut in pay YOU OWE IT, and it most likely will be a settlement case. Creditors will work with you remember they aren't there for a free ride.
2.The people who are not up front with names and or SS#'s meaning trying to falsify information.
REALITY CHECK.. The file needs correction and it's going to take some time to remove the additonal information with all kinds of proof submitted.
3.Big dreams overnight.
They come with very low credit scores such as a 475 with the intent to purchase a Mercedes, who in the world does that you might ask.. I have had them. People need to pull their credit and come with real expectations
4. I get the Flip Floppers I call them, these are the ones that sound like they really want it done but disappear for a month with no communication and want a miracle when they return.
5. I want the house in two months but I have a debt to income of 95% and most are new credit card balances.
Unless you have money to either pay off some of the debt with paid deletion letters and bringing the others up to date and make your payments current for at least 6 month you need to be slapped into REALITY, NOW SOME PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY THEM ALL OFF AND IT SO YOU ON AND AS THEY SAY POPPING.
30 days for credit repair is a joke and if someone is telling you that beware they are doing something undercover and you do not want to be a part of it.
You may not have good results if you have run your credit cards up or a car that has been repoed within 12 to 24 months. This is new debt, most of the time the creditor still has your file and can and will provide all documents so the chances of something being wrong is little to none. Now if it goes to a collection company that's all together different and a fight can win you the results you want but its going to take time.
If you can repair your credit yourself it would save you money, people that I have spoken to will try, some are successful some are not, but the ones I talked to it took them at least a year, it was not overnight. Most that do it themselves will sometimes hit a block wall and need the help of a company at some point.
Items to think about when challenging your report.
1. How old the derogatory is.
2. Where was the derogatory made
3. Does the creditor still have the debt
4. Was the debt sold
5. Statue of limitation in your state or the state where the debt was made
6. Have you spoke to the creditor or collection company
7. Can they prove the debt is yours
8. Can they provide all information payments etc regarding the debt
9. If a collection company can they legally collect in your state
10. Make sure the names, addresses and SS# are correct on your file
11. Should you pay off debt and or settle